Show guest's booking attribute selections to host

Hello.

I need support with the followings regarding the bookings extension.

I have made several booking attributes that are required for guests to enter upon booking.
I am wondering how I can display the guests’ entries to the hosts via the booking management screen (front end) AND also send out an e-mail notification with those information when a booking request is made.

Also, when the host want to decline a booking request, I want them to have an option to reply with a message to the subject guest. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Hi,
Please assign these attributes to some display areas, e.g. Page (Primary) or Page (Secondary), then the attribute values will appear on the booking details page. Depending on the attribute name, you can include it in the email notification:

%booking.attribute_name_here%

Unfortunately, there’s no rejection reason option yet, but thanks for your feedback - we’ll consider adding it to the next update.

Thanks Yevhen! This solution is working so far.

Looking forward to see the rejection reason option update soon!

Hello Yevhen,

Regarding the rejection reason option, I would like to have the following features:

1. set up a few template replies (or a list of rejection reasons) that the vendors can select from
  2. a comment box to compose custom message to their customers, additional to the above.

Is it possible to implement an attribute (or a similar feature) so these settings can be customized?

Unfortunately there’s no simple code snippet for this, this would require a custom implementation. We added this feature to the project backlog so it’ll most likely be implemented, we’ll also consider adding pre-made reasons available for selection.

Hello Ihor,
Understood, thank you for your response.
At the moment, priority of request feature #1:template reply is low.
#2: a comment box for a custom message is high.
Is it possible to reflect #2 sometime soon?

Yes, we’ll consider adding this feature to the next Bookings update, it should be available within 2 weeks or less. Unfortunately there’s no temporary code fix for implementing this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.