Sign in with Google not working

Our team paid for the social links extension and upon testing it in our staging environment, it doesn’t seem to work as expected.

We followed the steps indicated in this tutorial by Hivepress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-4RA_oXtnw

Steps to reproduce

User clicks the Sign in with Google

Actual result

It opens a small window to login using your google account. After it loads, the small window for google sign in just closes and nothing happens. We are still at the login/registration page (note we put the login/registration into a separate page instead of the pop-up).

We checked the console logs, see screenshot provided.

See details below for the complete detail message and error message

details: “You have created a new client application that uses libraries for user authentication or authorization that are deprecated. New clients must use the new libraries instead. See the Migration Guide for more information.”
error: “idpiframe_initialization_failed”

Expected result

User should be created with the Google details and redirected to the settings page where they can continue adding details in their user account.

Extra details

Hi,

Please make sure you set up Social Login using these docs: How to enable login methods - HivePress Help Center, How to Add Social Login to Your WordPress Directory Website. Also, please provide more details on which extension you are using for customization (you can send a screenshot from the WP Dashboard > Plugins tab).

P.S. If you purchased a theme or extension, please enter the license key in the forum profile settings, this will enable the Premium Support badge and ensure a 24-hour turnaround time.

Hello andrii, appreciate your help. I’ll try this one.

Hi Andrii,

Still no luck even though I followed the guide.

Here is a screenshot, when I go to login page. I already encountered the error even before clicking the Sign in to Google.

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. Please note that the Social Links extension is used to add social links to listings. If you need to sign in with Google or have a registration, we recommend using this extension: Social Login - Allow users to sign in via third-party platforms | HivePress Extensions
This issue may occur in 2 cases:

Also, your screenshot shows the Authentication extension, which is no longer supported, so you can uninstall it.

As for the errors shown in the screenshot, they are most likely related to the settings of the Geolocation extension, please check this doc: How to set up Geolocation - HivePress Help Center

I believe this will be useful to you.

P.S. If you purchased a theme or extension, please enter the license key in the forum profile settings, this will enable the Premium Support badge and ensure a 24-hour turnaround time.

1 Like

Thank you for all your help andrii, you are a legend. It worked successfully now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.