Slider gallery layout shift problem

Hi, is there a way to stop the gallery slider from expanding vertically on page load?

Hi,

Please send more details that may help to detect or reproduce this issue (e.g., a link to your site, screenshots, a list of installed plugins, or the error message you get).

Also, please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, ensure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

The only plugins I have installed are hivepress & 2 extensions: reviews, favourite and wordfence, no caching plugin installed yet.

What happens is, when I add more than 1 image to the gallery slider, on page load the images collapse vertically and back to normal when fully loaded causing a layout shift as in the image below.

Yes, in the current version this is expected behaviour because the slider scripts waits for images to be loaded (to calculate the slider height), but this should happen really fast - maybe scripts are deffered on your site (e.g. using a caching plugin)?

No, I have no caching plugin active at the moment. There is no any workaround it?

Hi,

Please try to make the same settings in the demo version of this theme on our website and let us know if the same problem is displayed in the demo version.

Also, please try to use another hosting on your site for faster loading.
Additionally, try installing a CDN plugin on your site to speed up the loading of images, for example, Cloudflare – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.