Subcategory search in filter bar AND search form?

Is there any way to filter by subcategory (i.e. show subcategories in the sidebar filter form) after a search is made when the search bar also includes the categories? Or is it just one or the other?

Hi,

You can select Categories in HivePress > Settings > Listings > Default Fields.
Then all categories will be displayed in the search bar as a drop-down menu.

Yep, however is there a way to have both that categories drop down menu in the search bar available AND the side filter form showing the categories? It seems only one or the other is possible?

Without categories in the search filter, if I search for something and want to filter by category I can do that after I’ve made my initial search. But if I want to have the search bar setup for categories from the start, I can’t further filter by category in the sidebar after I’ve made a search with this option. I would have to research. Just curious if there’s a way to have subcategories filtered after the search is made with a parent category selected from the search bar without having to redo the search. Hope this makes sense

Hi,

Sorry, there’s no simple code snippet for this, it would require a custom implementation. If customizations beyond the available features are required for your site, please consider hiring someone for custom work https://fvrr.co/32e7LvY.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.