Subscription payments from experts for listings

The membership extension seems to be charging users for viewing listings. I want to charge experts for posting listings. Is there a way to do this if I use the hive theme? (can I install other wordpress plugins into hive, and if so, please recommend).

Ideally there must be different subscription plans - free plan (only profile & blog), silver plan (also sell services & bookings), gold plan (also sell digital downloads)… can I limit the rights of experts to platform features based on the plan selected accordingly? Any work around ideas?

Sure! Please try using the Paid Listings extension to charge vendors for adding listings. There are no subscriptions yet, but you can sell the listing packages with different listing and expiration limits Paid Listings - HivePress Help Center

Hi, that actually wouldnt work for me.
Is there some sort of work around? Eg if I create the freelancers as a special group of clients, can charge a subscription from them? Ofcourse I dont charge ANYTHING from end user clients, so they should not be prompted to make any payments at all… only the freelancers. Would that be possible?
Alternatively, can i install some other wordpress plugin for subscriptions… would that work?
Or should I create a separate page for freelancer subscription and link it to the main hive freelancer panel somehow?

Please advise… this is a critical point which decides if we use this template or not. I need to make a decision ASAP. Thank you

Unfortunately there’s no recurring subscription for this monetization model at the moment, but there’s a workaround if you set the listing expiration (e.g. to 1 month or 1 year) then freelancers will have to pay again to renew their listing once it expires.
Paid Listings allow selling the listing packages, not subscription plans (e.g. “3 listings that expire in a month”, “10 listings that expire in a year”, etc).

But then wouldn’t freelancers have to pay a “subscription” for each and every service they list on the marketplace? That would be terribly inconvenient.

I found a payment gateway which offers subscription links. So I thought of creating a separate page for subscriptions using this. What I want to know is… Is there a setting to make admins approve each new listing created by a freelancer before it goes live? Pls advise. (If so, admin can manually restrict creation of listing based on their subscription plan)

No, this depends on the limits you set for a package, for example you can sell a package “add 10 listings for $123 visible for a year” or any other combination of the number of listings, price and expiration period.

Unfortunately there’s no easy way to do this, this would require integration and advanced customizations (e.g. checking if the subscription is still active via the payment service API).

If Paid Listings are somewhat similar to the monetization model you planned to implement I highly recommend using it, this would be the easiest way. We’ll also consider adding recurring billing to Paid Listings.

Q1* “you can sell a package “add 10 listings for $123 visible for a year” or any other combination of the number of listings, price and expiration period.”

COULD YOU PLS LET ME SEE A VIDEO OF HOW THIS WORKS (FROM BACKEND AND FRONTEND RESULT)? THAT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL TO UNDERSTAND WHAT MY OPTIONS ARE & HOW IT WILL LOOK & FEEL FOR THE CUSTOMER.

I DONT WANT TO LIMIT THE NUMBER OF PRODUCTS, BUT THE TYPE OF PRODUCTS (NO PRODUCTS ALLOWED IS FREE PLAN, BOOKING & SIMPLE PRODUCTS TIER 1, DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS ARE FOR TIER 2, FEATURED LISTINGS TIER 3)

Q*We’ll also consider adding recurring billing to Paid Listings.

HOW SOON CAN YOU GET REOCCURING BILLING?
WOULD YOU BE CONSIDERING MAKING A PROPER MEMBERSHIP PLAN EXTENSION FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS ANY TIME SOON? I NEED IT UP AND RUNNING BY OCTOBER 2022

Please try following this screencast to add a listing package, then selecting or purchasing a package will be required in order to add a listing How to add listing packages - HivePress Help Center

If you use categories as listing types it’s possible, you can assign packages to specific listing categories and only these categories will be restricted.

Currently there’s no ETA for recurring billing, but we definitely plan to improve and structure the available monetization models as soon as possible.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.