The confirmation email for the booking to the vendor was not sent out

After confirming the booking, the user receives a booking confirmed email, but the vendor doesn’t receive any. Is it not standard practice for the vendor to receive a booking confirmed email too?

Hi,

Both the user and the vendor should receive the email notification. Please check that your email settings are correct How to customize emails - HivePress Help Center, and ensure this email is not disabled How to disable emails - HivePress Help Center.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Thank you for replying. It helped. I discovered that there is a conflict between WooCommence and Hivepress. When WooCommence is activated, the content of the booking confirmation email is replaced by the home page. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Hi,

WooCommerce cannot cause this issue. Please try checking your SEO settings or email plugins, as they often cause this issue. Also, try clearing your cache and the host’s cache.

Hi,
It only happens when I use Hivepress email templates; if I remove them, the problem disappears. Are the email templates causing the issue? What should I do if I have to use email templates? Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Please try to disable all third-party plugins except HivePress, delete the previous template, create a new one, and check if the issue is still displayed.

Hi,
I’ve recreated the templates, but the issue is still displayed. I found that the conflict is caused by Elementor. What can I do to avoid the conflict? Thank you.

Hi,

We currently don’t 100% support Elementor - while you can add HivePress blocks via Elementor, advanced features are not available yet. I highly recommend using the core WordPress block editor to keep the website fast and lightweight. Also, we plan to add full compatibility with Elementor in future updates.

Hi,
I understand. Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.