Unable to access backend (editor) css styling

When I try to access some css styling components in the editor, I cannot find the file in the theme (taskhive) or any of the hivepress plugins.

The reason I noticed this is when I try to develop a custom block plugin, it inherits some styling elements, for example for the background-color of the TextControl input area. In the explorer, I find that the:

.editor-styles-wrapper input[type="color"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="date"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="datetime-local"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="datetime"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="email"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="max"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="min"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="month"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="number"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="password"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="range"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="search"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="step"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="tel"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="text"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="time"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="url"], .editor-styles-wrapper input[type="value"], .editor-styles-wrapper select, .editor-styles-wrapper textarea {
  font-family: inherit;
  box-shadow: none;
  color: inherit;
  font-size: 1rem;
  background-color: transparent;
  line-height: 1.5;
  padding: .4375rem 1rem;
  border: 1px solid rgba(7,36,86,.075);

among others, changes the default look of the editor. When I try to dig for where this is located, I find that it is the “inline style sheet #15” that adds this styling, however, i’m not sure how to located that file. I’d like to override the file with a child theme.

Any information/suggestions?

hi, you can customize all css in theme’s “additional css”

Yes I’m aware of this, I’m asking where the .css file that styles the classes mentioned above is located

you do not have the access path from the console of your browser?

If you get this CSS on the block editor page then these are the editor styles, WordPress loads the theme style.css file via this function add_editor_style() | Function | WordPress Developer Resources and turns it into an inline CSS style with .editor-styles-wrapper selector prepended, so the styles are applied to the editor area only.

Thanks for making sence of it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.