Updating an lsiting keeps showing the deleted images

I delete the image of an offer (listing) add new ones then update. The result is that the deleted images still showing up. Tried to delete more images but after the update they keep on showing up. So the delete images doesn´t work.

Steps to reproduce

Delete an image of an existing listing (offer) and update.

Actual result

The deleted images still showing up.

Expected result

Only the images visual at the moment of update should be visible.

Extra details

Add a link to your site, screenshots or any other details that may help us pinpoint the issue.

Hi,

Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

P.S. If you purchased a theme or extension, please enter the license key in the forum profile settings, this will enable the Premium Support badge and ensure a 24-hour turnaround time.

No plugins active also no caching.
Impossible to delete images from a listing tried both ways.

saving changes
after the images are still there

Can I check where the images are stored in a folder or in the database I´ve some knoledge maybe the access is not allowed to delete.

Rudy

Hi,

I see. This behavior can only occur for the following reasons:

1. If the images were imported or uploaded by the admin, and another user tries to delete them.

2. Your hosting provider blocks Delete requests to the REST API.

If you created this listing manually through the frontend, I recommend checking your hosting provider’s settings or contacting their support.

P.S. If you purchased a theme or extension, please enter the license key in the forum profile settings, this will enable the Premium Support badge and ensure a 24-hour turnaround time.

After many request they finally changed the setting. This was there response

Estimado cliente

Le informamos que hemos habilitado los métodos para todo internet como solicitaba, pero dejamos de hacernos responsables de cualquier ataque o hackeo que sufra.

Un cordial saludo
Dpto. Atencion al Cliente
Ver más

So they see it as an risk changing this setting what is your response to this?

Best regards,
Rudy

Hi,

If your hosting has confirmed that they block the DELETE method for the REST API, then we can’t do anything from our side, as this method is valid for any API, even for the default WP REST API. The only option is to change the hosting provider: Overview of the Best WordPress Hosting Providers | HivePress
Also, there may be another reason for this, as soon as you click on the cross (delete image), can you tell me what error is displayed in the dev console? (you can check this tutorial, how to check JS errors: Chrome DevTools  |  Chrome for Developers )

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.