Urgent hide category from search box

hello i want to hide some categories from the listing search filter how to do it ?? thanks

If you mean keeping the categories for listings but hiding them for filtering only, please try this PHP snippet. Please just change 1,2,3 on the categories id which you want to hide in the listing filter form

add_filter(
	'hivepress/v1/forms/listing_filter',
	function( $form ) {
		$categories = [1,2,3];

foreach($categories as $category){
			unset($form['fields']['_category']['options'][$category]);
		}

return $form;
	},
);
1 Like

Hello thanks for your return, yes i want to keep the categories and hide them from search filter i still having the categories in the filter i already added the snippet

Please make sure that you have changed 1,2,3 on the categories ids which you want to hide

Thanks again for your answer but the snippet isn’t working even i changed the numbers to the categorie number that i want to hide

Please make sure that the snippet was correctly added with Code Snippets or another similar plugin. Also, please check if you have correctly copied categories ids which you want to hide in the listing filter form. It was tested locally and it seems to be ok

Code snippet and listing filter form categories before changes

Code snippet and listing filter form categories after changes

Can i hide the “All Categories” option from the search box?

For example, this is my website:
All Categories

yes my question was to hide some categories from" the search box" not “the filter” , the snippet for the filter is working but not the search box. example if i want to hide “all categories” and also some categories from the search box.

Thanks

If you mean listing search form then please try this PHP snippet. Please just change 1,2,3 on the categories id which you want to hide in the listing search form

add_filter(
	'hivepress/v1/forms/listing_search',
	function( $form ) {

if(isset($form['fields']['_category'])){
			$categories = [1,2,3];

$form['fields']['_category']['option_args']['exclude'] = [];

foreach($categories as $category){
				$form['fields']['_category']['option_args']['exclude'] = array_merge(
					$form['fields']['_category']['option_args']['exclude'], 
					[$category]
				);
			}	
		}

return $form;
	},
);
2 Likes

Please try this PHP snippet

add_filter(
	function( $form ) {

$form['fields']['_category']['placeholder'] = null;
		}

return $form;
	},
);
1 Like

Thanks. This work only when your are in the Add Details page of the announce. Is not working in the search box in the home page for example.

I want to hide the All Categories option in the search box in the home page.ç

For example:

Please make sure that the snippet was correctly added with Code Snippets or another similar plugin. It was tested locally and it seems to be ok

add_filter(
	function( $form ) {

}

return $form;
	},
);

Without snippet

With snippet

Perfect Yevhen, now it works as expected. But now intetad of showing that line as defeult, can we show one of the categories as the default selected option.

I mean, instead of this:

Show this:

Please try this PHP snippet and please change the number 1 on the category id which you want to show in this field as a placeholder

add_filter(
	function( $form ) {

$form['fields']['_category']['default'] = 1;
		}

return $form;
	},
);

Thanks Yevhen, that’s what we need!

Is it possible to hide only subcategories?

If you mean hiding these in the drop-down there’s no such option at the moment (without customizations), the drop-down shows the full category hierarchy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.