Using REST API to update listings

Hi,
I would like to use the hivepress rest API to update a listing but I get error code 401. So I tried to edit a post with standard Wordpress Rest API and I got ‘rest_cannot_edit’ error.
I thought it was because Wordpress doesn’t provide authentication by default and that you have to install a plugin for that. I just need basic authentication. The only plugin I found is " WordPress REST API Authentication but it works only for standard wordpress endpoints. For custom endpoints like hivepress, you need to get premium.
So is there a simple way to test the API with postman for example before going further ?
thanks

It seems like there is a problem with the authentication because the 401 error code appears if the request comes from an unauthenticated user. It requires advanced customization to make it work correctly. If you are not familiar with the code customization, then please consider hiring someone for custom work https://fvrr.co/32e7LvY

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.