What is the logic used in the "similar listing feature"

I’m trying to understand the logic being used by default in showing listings in the section “similar listings”. It looks like it is perfectly random.
My goal is to use a specific logic for example geolocalisation or similarity in some particular attributes such as the price…
Is this possible?
Thank you in advance,

Hi,

By default, it displays listings in the same categories as the current listing.

Also, if you have the Geolocation extension configured, the distance is additionally connected (filtered by radius).

Hello,
Thank your for your answer. Yes I have the Geolocation extension configured with a small radius (3 Km) but I have the feeling that it is more or less used i.e. without respecting the value (it shows listings within a distance of 15-20 Km).
NB : I’m using mapbox.

Hi,

Please provide more details (your actions step by step) so we can reproduce this problem.

Also, please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

thank you for your response. It is OK now. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.