A few more ideas for HivePress/extensions

Hey,

I’ve just been dreaming up some more ideas that I thought might be fun to share. Hopefully, these are deemed useful enough to see implemented one day, or maybe help inspire something similar!

Anyway,

  1. Progressional Membership Tiers
  • E.g. - A vendor could advance to the next Membership Tier after meeting X goal/requirements.

For example - after posting 10 listings, a Vendor could automatically progress to the next Membership Tier that unlocks the ability to add 3 more images to each listing.

Or, unlock a new Attribute field, like the ability to add a video.

  1. Leaderboards (which could also be tied into an Achievements plugin)
  • E.g. - Query various vendor stats and display them in order.

This could help incentivise Vendors to perform better, and site owners could even reward the top Vendors. (With a coupon code, third-party gift card or even a physical prize)

For example - A page that ranks Vendors/Listings by:

  • Number of sales/bookings/orders
  • Total Earned
  • Most reviews received (total)
  • Top Rated (ranked by star rating)
  • Most Listings Created
  1. Automated Listing Moderation
  • E.g. Borrow the logic from the blocked words feature in HivePress Messages, and allow us to create a list of blocked words/phrases/patterns that users cannot use in their listing description or attributes.

If the plugin detects a blocked word refuse to submit the listing form until the blocked word is removed. (Gives a feedback message stating “****” is blocked, etc.)

  1. Allow Auctions & Bidding
  • E.g. A new option that replaces the default Price field with Reserve Price and a Buy it Now field (both optional), and a Auction length option.

Vendors would list physical/digital items to sell, whilst Users would be able to bid on the items, or Buy it Now - if enabled.

  1. Enhanced Statistics
  • E.g. It would be nice if there was more detailed information about listings and their performance.

For example - If we could track the number of link clicks on phone numbers or email fields.

I feel there could also be some really nice crossovers between extensions, like once you’ve installed the Marketplace and Bookings extensions, the individual listing Statistics page could show a breakdown of sales/orders/amount earned/best selling option (if you use Tiers)/messages received related to this listing, etc.

  1. Third-party Vendor verification
  • E.g. - Allow us to enter an API/Secret key for a service like YOTI which is tied into the ability for Vendors to submit proof of ID and (automatically) be awarded the Verified badge.

6.1) Phone verification - Another offspring idea of this that’s just come to me - If Vendors could earn a phone verification badge by entering a phone number and receiving a 2FA sms to prove ownership of the phone number.

  1. Sub-Vendors

E.g. a Vendor account could be used as a business shop/service/location - for example, a Barber.

Each Sub-Vendor would be a staff member who works at the Barber.

Then, perhaps, on the Booking Details page, a choice of staff members could be presented for users to select from?

Hopefully, these all make sense! .. I can try and expand on any of the ideas, if need be, but I’m sure there’s more use-cases for these than I can think of, too.

Cheers,
Chris :victory_hand:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the detailed feedback, we plan to implement most of the described functionality (3, 4, 5, 6). For 1 and 2, we planned to implement Badges, and if Badges are implemented it would be easy to automatically add a membership via a custom code snippet (for example if vendor gets a specific badge).

Hey @ihor,

Thanks for the reply, and that’s awesome to hear - We clearly think along the same wavelengths! Lol

I can’t wait to see what the future of HivePress continues to evolve into!

I’m not in a rush for any of these features myself, (though, #5 would be nice to have) but just thought I’d share some ideas I had. The more that I play around with my site, I can’t help but come up with new ideas for HivePress/potential use cases! :grinning_face:

Cheers,
Chris :victory_hand:

Hi @ChrisB,

Thanks for the suggestions!

If you don’t mind, I’ll move this discussion to the General category, since it may be difficult to vote on such a specific feature in its current section. This way, the community can continue the conversation in the comments, which will also help us understand the demand and prioritize development accordingly.