How do I change the text on standard buttons and field labels

I want to change text on all the buttons and most of the text in the template. For instance, the experthive template has the word “Buy” on a Vendor’s listing. I want to use different text and can’t find where do change this. I don’t want to use the words “orders” or “revenue”.

I want to change every button and every label even the top navigation buttons.

Where is text stored so I can make changes?
Thank you

Please try using Loco Translate for this purpose, this is the easiest way to edit any static texts (even if translation is not required) How to translate an extension - HivePress Help Center Most of the texts are located in Loco Translate/Plugins/HivePress section.

Loco translate worked very well, thanks. I’m so close to completing changes - very exciting but I can’t seem to locate the string for the default button on the home page top navigation . Kindly advise where I can change this button’s text?

Submit Listing

If you mean List a Service button then it can be found in Loco Translate/Themes/ExpertHive.

Thanks yevhen - any idea where? I went through everything twice, taking a lot of time, and I don’t see this particular string. Please let me know the plugin name where the string is found. Thank you.

Please try following this screencast step by step How to translate ExpertHive - HivePress Help Center

It doesn’t help. I tried to translate, I do not change the text to the desired one. What could be the reason?

If possible send more details, which string exactly can not be translated? We try to wrap all the static texts with the translation functions, so all strings should be available in Loco, just within different theme/plugin sections (depending on the context). Please also make sure that you added a language that matches your WP language, then WordPress will apply the translation.

It sees these lines. The language of my Wordpress is Russian. I’m translating this word, but it won’t translate. I save, refresh the page, but nothing happens. What could be the problem, and is there any other way to change these titles?

Please try following the exact same steps as on this video How to translate TaskHive - HivePress Help Center
I’ve just tested this locally Screenshot by Lightshot and it seems to be ok Screenshot by Lightshot
The translation may not work if the current WP language doesn’t match the added language, or the translation template itself was edited instead of a custom added language.
Using Loco is the best way because it allows keeping track of all changes and all the text changes are safe from the theme updates (make sure to select the Custom location while adding a language in Loco).

Alas, but no. I tried to do it. I changed the language to English, tried exactly as in the guide, and nothing worked. Can I give you the data from my wordpress and you will check? because I don’t understand why it might not work.

Please send temporary WP access via email to support@hivepress.io with a link to this topic and any extra details that may help detect this issue, and we’ll check it. You can send a temporary admin access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

There’s latency/slowness between saving translation changes, and the changes appearing on your site. If you know how, try manually flushing the site cache to see the labels change.

Yehven’s response did work for me, although I have spent sooo many hours trying to find original string in the various plugins, I’m not running my business, I’m searching for strings.

Another lesson learned: once you change a string using Locotranslate, you can search for strings, except the new values you enter aren’t searched by Locotranslate, only the original HivePress values are searched, which means you have to remember what HivePress called something, in order to try to save time and search for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.