How does the payment process for a booking work?

Hey guys, Please assist its quite urgent

How does the booking process work because currently these are the issues i am having and there are no videos or anything explaining your book process properly. Currently there are only some vague pages on your site which dont help much

These are the things i need clarity on:

1.) When i toggle the setting “Manually Accept New Booking Requests” to off - meaning guests can book and pay immediately. However when i test it out and click on “proceed to payment” at the booking confirmation page, i dont end up going to the checkout page, i just get redirected to the home page. Whats the issue here?

2.) How does the payment tracking/status system work? There’s barely anything online that explains this. I need a more detailed overview of this. I need to know: 1.) how the user experiences the booking & payment process (when manually accepting bookings is toggled on and off) 2.) how the email works (what emails go to who and what info is included) 3.) how do the various payment statuses show and where would i see this overview pending, paid, and failed payments and 4.) how does the payment link for a users booking get sent to them once i have accepted the booking as the host

3.) For trips on my site, guests will only be paying an initial deposit for a booking, for example 20% or $200 to secure a $1000 booking) the rest of the amount owed will be paid offline at a later stage and not through the hivepress system. So how can i set up this system? Will the security deposit module work? The only thing i am concerned about is a refund is processed once the full booking amount is paid - but since there will be no full payment that will be taking place, will that mean the refund will never get done either?

4.) Currently when a user just completes the request to book system, they immediately get an email saying their booking is confirmed? It should rather say that their booking has been received. This should only happen once the host approves the booking, and the user then receives a confirmation email with the payment link? If the dates are unavailable how can the user be informed?

Thank you

Hi,

1. This feature works in such a way that the buyer will make a request for a booking, and the vendor will need to confirm it. Once it is confirmed, the customer can continue the booking process by paying for it.

2. Please check this topic How booking process work (booking flow)

3. We only have the Security deposit feature, please check this doc How to add a security deposit for bookings - HivePress Help Center

4. If you have enabled the booking request feature for a listing, then after the client clicks on the request to book and the admin (or vendor) confirms this booking (transfers it to draft status), then the Booking Accepted email comes. As for Booking Confirmed, this email comes after the payment has been made and the booking status is confirmed. The customer cannot book a date that is no longer available, as it will not be available in the calendar. However, if a customer has somehow booked a date and it turns out to be unavailable, you can contact them via email or personal messages.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Hello Andrii,

Thank you for your response and information. I am in need of some more clarity. Please help me out here as I am pressed for time to build this system for a client:

1.) In previous responses to me, you mentioned that in order for the guest to get the payment link sent to them via email. I need to move the status of the booking from pending to draft? Is this correct?

I just did that now and although I got an email as the guest - all is says was “Dear b, your Booking has been Confirmed” where is the payment link? (I have not connected a payment gateway, but I have enabled payment methods so surely a link should still come through?

Also, where do payments and their information show on the Wordpress? Is it under Woocommerce orders or is there somewhere else where I can view payments, quotes, and statuses of payments?

2.) I have a bit of a different system to what is explained in that flow? Please let me know if I can do this, and what I would need to do to make it happen:

Customer requests booking (and gets email confirming their booking request?)
booking request goes to admin for approval > admin changes the status to draft
customer receives email to say that their booking is approved, then the email also contains a payment link
They then click the link in the email to pay. Then, next (very important part) In my case I only want them to pay a security deposit, because the rest of the booking payments will be done off-site between the host and client themselves
Once security deposit is paid the site admin/host gets an email to confirm the security deposit has been paid
does the guest also get an email confirming their booking and payment?
Admin then changes the status to confirmed (but need to make sure that the security deposit does not get refunded)

3.) Please take note of this from point 2:
“> They then click the link in the email to pay. Then, next (very important part) In my case I only want them to pay a security deposit, because the rest of the booking payments will be done off-site between the host and client themselves”

“> Once security deposit is paid the site admin/host gets an email to confirm the security deposit has been paid”

Will the booking status now change to confirmed now that the client has paid? Also, I need to ensure that the security deposit does not get refunded because it is more of a part payment, the rest of the amount due will be charged to the guest at a later stage off-site.

4.) Okay thank you. I spoke of this issue in point 1 of this message but just to be clear I changed the status to draft but the guest did not get a payment link

5.) On the host registration form, it asks for First & Last name, however when I go to their host profile on host section of the Wordpress backend there is no first and last name

6.) On the booking confirmation page (the one just before the guest submits the booking request) how can I add in a subscribe field, preferably one where they can just click a checkbox that says “Yes, I’d like to subscribe to your newsletter” as the field, and the field title being “Subscribe to Newsletter?”

If this isn’t possible please let me know what my options are

7.) So currently the site admin gets this email when a booking is requested:

“Hi, Brandon! You’ve received a new booking request for “Blacktail Deer Trip”, click on the following link to view it: Hunting trips and packages is coming soon

This is 95% of the info I need as per the project spec. I just need to add who the host of the listing is, how can I get it to say:

"Hi, Brandon! You’ve received a new booking request for “Blacktail Deer Hunt” outfitter of this hunt is: (host name), click on the following link to view it: https://staging.gamehuntingsafaris.com/account/bookings/6257/

I tried adding in the %host% shortcode or whatever on the email settings of hivepress backend, however it just causes a glitch whereby a whole blog post gets pulled through as an email instead which is very incorrect.

8.) This kind of follows on from point 7 but is there any way I can add the host name as shown in the image below on the account > trips dashboard:

Also, one other thing I forgot to ask:

9.) How do I remove the fields in the below image from the host registration form (I only want the site admin to be able to see and edit these fields:

Hi,

1. Sorry for the confusion. By continuing the payment process, I meant that the customer can go to the booking page and pay for it. Unfortunately, the payment link is not displayed in the email. As for payments, you can view them on the backend in WooCommerce > Orders.

2. Unfortunately, we do not have such functionality, it will require a custom implementation.

3. This option is also not available, as we do not have a non-refundable pledge function. As for the payment in cash, I recommend you to consider the Direct payout method, please check this doc How to set up payouts - HivePress Help Center

4. As I said in my previous point, the payment link does not come.

5. This information is displayed in WP Dashboard > Users.

6. Unfortunately, this is not possible, it will require a custom implementation or the use of third-party plugins.

7. Regarding email customization, please review the documentation in more detail: How to customize emails - HivePress Help Center

8. Unfortunately, there’s no such feature, it would require a custom implementation. If customizations are required for your site, please try customizing it using the collection of code snippets Search · user:hivepress · GitHub and other developer resources, or consider hiring someone for custom work Fiverr - Freelance Services Marketplace

9. Please check the solution in this topic How can i remove booking offset?

Thanks for the response and info

1.) Then please explain to me in more detail because when I test out how to pay for a booking as a guest. I just to pay for the booking through how you mentioned and when I click on the “pay now” button, I just get redirected to the home page - meaning I cant actually pay

Also how do I add a link into the email? Or at least make it easy for the guest to go to the booking page to pay? Currently the guest gets no email when the booking is changed from payment to draft so why is that happening?

2.) Please be more explanatory here, so do customers get a link saying their booking has been accepted once the payment changes to draft? Do guests get an email confirming their booking once they complete a payment

3.) Okay so then what triggers the refund to get paid? Is it once I move the booking from draft to published or what? This is a big problem for me because guests musn’t get refunded. Also what you provided me is for payouts to hosts, this doesn’t help my trip payment system at all

Please may you let me know how I can do the security deposit system, whereby the refund does not get returned. Preferably I would like to avoid custom development work to make this possible, but if I have to do custom dev work please let me know if it is possible and how

4.) As mentioned in point 1, I still cant even pay on the booking page, and how can I make it easy for the guest to go to the booking page and pay because this extra step of the guest having to login and go to the booking page will be confusing and tiresome for the guest

5.) Okay thanks

6.) Okay thanks, however on your docs it does say we can add a field on the account sign up form where people can subscribe to the mailing list and it will integrate with mail chimp? How do I set this up and how can I add this to the booking confirmation page/form as well?

7.) Its clear you didn’t read the full info I mentioned in this point - I also previously put this text in bold but it was ignored so here it is again:

I tried adding in the %host% shortcode or whatever on the email settings of hivepress backend, however it just causes a glitch whereby a whole blog post gets pulled through as an email instead which is very incorrect.

8.) Thank you

9.) Okay that is for booking offset but what about the other 3 fields?

10.) Please also explain to me the difference between a booking accepted email and a booking confirmed email? I am looking at the email settings and cant differentiate between the two

I am trying to set up a system where once the site admin changes the booking from pending to draft - the user receives an email that can take them to the booking page where they can click the “pay now” button

Currently when I change either the booking accepted or booking confirmed email - nothing happens. I just get a simple email whereby the tokens and custom info I have added doesn’t show (I have edited both the booking accepted and booking confirmed email)

Subject: Your Booking Status
“Dear b, your Booking has been Confirmed”

This is all the info the user gets when a booking status changes from pending two draft - my %booking% and %booking_url% tokens do not show.

Hi,

1. Regarding redirecting to the payment page:
  • Please navigate to WP Dashboard > WooCommerce > Status > Tools > and click Create pages opposite Create default WooCommerce pages.

• ​Please edit this listing (either on the front-end or back-end) and re-save it, setting the Price. This should generate a hidden product for a listing (or package\request), and the checkout redirect should be okay.

• Please refresh permalinks; you can check this doc: How to refresh WordPress permalinks - HivePress Help Center

• Also, please make sure you set up payments correctly; you can check this doc How to start accepting payments - HivePress Help Center

• If this issue exists, please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, ensure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

Please try to test this by registering a new user. Also, please note that this only works on the front end if the vendor goes to Account > Bookings > opens this booking > and clicks Accept.

1. Yes, guests will receive an email when their booking is confirmed.

2. For refunds, please review this documentation How to enable refunds - HivePress Help Center. Unfortunately, there is no simple solution to not returning the deposit, it will require a custom implementation.

3. Please see my answer to the first point.

1. Please note that this is WP-level customization, our extension simply adds the features directory to WordPress. I recommend, for example, to consider a third-party plugin such as Mailchimp, it adds a checkbox to the newsletter registration form. But to add this to the booking confirmation form, it would require a custom implementation.
  1. Regarding your first one about the post being sent as an email, it is most likely a conflict with third-party plugins or their settings (such as SEO, etc.), so please check the settings of third-party plugins or test it with third-party plugins disabled. As for the tokens, pay attention to the information in the documentation: that is, after saving this email, you will see all the available tokens at the bottom, and there is no such token as %host%, so you will not be able to display this information, so it will require a custom implementation. Also, pay attention to the paragraph on object tokenі in this documentation - If there’s an object token (without underscores) like %user% or %listing% , you can display any field this way: `%user.first_name%
  1. Please check this topic: Removing Booking Offset and Window from Vendor account settings - #5 by andrii

2. Please check this topic: The difference between Booking Confirmed vs. Accepted

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.