How to use Stripe Connect for processing payouts

I wanna make automated payout process for vendors via Stripe Connect on ListingHive. Is there any step-by-step-guide for integrating Stripe Connect?

1 Like

Hi,

If you want to enable automated payouts on your website, you can set up Stripe Connect by following these steps:

1. Create your company’s main Stripe Connect account via the Stripe website.

2. Set its API key in the HivePress > Settings > Integrations > Stripe section (follow the Stripe docs to get the API key).

3. Select Stripe Connect as the payout system in the HivePress > Settings > Payouts section.

Now vendors will have to create a linked express account while they add their first listing (or via the Set Up Stripe Payouts link in their account), and the profile completion form will redirect them to Stripe onboarding. Then all the earnings from completed orders will be automatically processed.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Hi andrii,

Thanks, that makes sense. Let me ask one more thing. I’m now preparing service with ListingHive where I earn the platform fees as commission, and should I set the commission rate not only on the HivePress side but also on the Stripe side?

Hi,

We recommend using two options for commissions on the HivePress side for the vendor and the buyer.

Hi andrii,

Got it, thanks!

Hello,

I am trying to solve the same problem, although I do not have a ‘Stripe section’ in my HivePress Integrations. Do you know why this might be?

I have the Stripe for WooCommerce plugin installed and active, and cannot find any Stripe Connect plugin…

Thanks

Hi,

Please try to specify the license key in HivePress > Settings > Integrations > HivePress Store, after that you should have an update for extensions from HivePress.

Please try updating them and check if the problem still exists.

P.S. If you purchased a theme or extension, please enter the license key in the forum profile settings, this will enable the Premium Support badge and ensure a 24-hour turnaround time.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I have added my HivePress license key in Integrations>HivePress Store, but nothing has changed.

I’m unsure what you’re referring to specifically regarding the updates you’ve mentioned…

I purchased the taskhive theme.

Hi,

Please send temporary WP access to support@hivepress.io with details for reproducing this issue, and we’ll check it (please send only the link, without login and password). You can create a temporary access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org.

Hi,

What exactly would you like me to send to support? I have downloaded the below files from the plugin link you sent…

Please install this plugin in WordPress/Plugins section of your site instead of downloading it. Then this plugin will allow you to create a temporary WP access link that you can send via email to us support@hivepress.io This way we’ll be able to access the WordPress dashboard on your site and check this issue.

Hello ihor,

Thanks for the further explanation. I have now downloaded that plugin, created a temporary WP access link and emailed it to that address as instructed.

Please let me know if you have not received it or if there are any issues, and look forward to receiving your support.

Thanks,
Edwin

Hi,

We’ve updated the extension on your website, please check it out, everything seems to be displayed correctly now.

Hi,

Okay, thank you. I have now added Stripe as a Payout method.

Money that I had already sent to a vendor for testing, and initiated a Payout for that vendor was in the Payouts tab of my WordPress admin. Now that tab has disappeared, so where has that Payout money gone??

This was actual money charged and sent to the vendor account, so how has it just vanished? This is kinda ridiculous how your software just allows money to be paid, sits in HivePress unable to be withdrawn, and then just vanishes. You have cost me money.

Now I have to spend more money to test whether this works or not…

Sorry for the confusion, there seems to be a misunderstanding - you selected Manual payout mode in HivePress/Settings/Payouts (this is the default choice there), so payouts should be requested by vendors and processed manually by the site admin, they are not completed automatically How to process payouts manually - HivePress Help Center You can send the payment using the details provided by vendors and remove the Pending status from the payout request. Just changing the status doesn’t trigger a payment.

You also don’t have to test payments with real money, all the payment services have sandbox modes for this purpose, please try switching to this mode in Stripe dashboard Test cards | Stripe Documentation

I highly recommend hiring someone for assistance for setting up your website, e.g. on Fiverr https://fvrr.co/32e7LvY While we offer fixed-price software and guarantee the advertised features by fixing bugs & providing general guidance, we can’t help to set up a website for you as a part of our support scope, I recommend reaching out to someone fully familiar with WordPress for this purpose, there’s a category on Fiverr for such services.

Thanks for your understanding

Okay, but how do I actually send these Payouts? There is no option to send anywhere, the money is “trapped” in HivePress.

I understand when set to ‘Manual’, Payouts will not happen automatically; but there is still no way to send this money anywhere as the site admin.

I will set the payout method to Stripe Connect after this…but first I need to send these Payouts.

Also, now when the vendor clicks ‘Set up Payouts on Stripe’ this happens:

Please advise…

Please choose either Manual or Stripe Connect payouts mode in HivePress/Settings/Payouts because these are 2 completely different ways to process payouts. If you choose manual, vendors can request payouts via the form (linked under the account balance in the account page sidebar). This is just like a contact form, it creates a payout request in WordPress/Payouts and you have to process payout payments manually (e.g. if vendors prefer Stripe and provide their Stripe email you should go to Stripe and send a payment manually, marking the payout request in HivePress as Published after this, just to mark it as done). Please check the instructions here How to process payouts manually - HivePress Help Center

Regarding the error with the Stripe Connect on the second screenshot, it seems that the vendor was registered before Stripe Connect was enabled, please try testing this with a new vendor (e.g. register as a new user in the browser Incognito mode), if you click Add Listing there will be a redirect to Stripe onboarding.

I highly recommend hiring someone for assistance (e.g. via Fiverr), while we will fix any bugs found in the theme features and provide general guidance, unfortunately we can’t set up a website for you from scratch, this is a service offered by freelance WordPress developers.

Hello,

I understand you cannot set up my website, and I have already spent a lot of money hiring freelance WordPress developers to do this, and yet we are still struggling with the awkward functionality of this platform. At least some accurate guidance and support on these issues I’m facing would be highly appreciated, as the functionalities you are describing are NOT working properly.

Vendors cannot ‘request a payout’ when payout settings are set to ‘manual’ as there is no ‘method’ to select to complete the form, and hence the request.

If vendors cannot complete the form to request a payout, I cannot ‘process the payments manually’ at all.