Is it possible to add a map to the home page?

Is it possible to add a map to the home page? I have the geolocation extension installed.

https://directories.buriedinwork.com

Hi,

Unfortunately, there’s no such feature; it would require a custom implementation. The map appears in the search context only.

I believe this will be useful to you.

So there’s no function or extension that adds a map to the homepage (or any page outside of searching) so visitors can see the local area and where the businesses are located? We used this map function on our prior platform and made it a paid feature for businesses to be listed on the map. It was the most popular feature.

Hivepress - It should not be that difficult to add as an extension. Can you add this function in the very short term?

Thanks

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not plan to add this feature, but thanks for your suggestion, we’ll consider adding this feature.

Hi Andrii,

I’ve found that hivepress lack alot of the features which other providers are able to provide on something like this which is what makes a difference between a good site vs a low production one. How can we help to make the Hivepress team to improve these functionalities?

This is a very important feature for example which can be a determining factor for some of us whether to keep using hivepress or move on.

Hi,

We are planning to add features according to our backlog and RoadMap, for example, you can see here on HivePress: HivePress Roadmap (01/03/2024) – Asana

Every feature request from a client is reviewed in detail by our team and then we decide whether to add it to the backlog or RoadMap (this is influenced by many factors, such as the possibility of adding it and the need for it for other clients), if this feature is not required and there are not many requests for it, we focus on those features that are very often needed by clients.

Thank you for your understanding.

P.S. We have launched a HivePress Experts (Customization | HivePress) program to recommend freelancers familiar with HivePress. If there are expected changes (e.g., layout/styling) required, then HivePress-specific skills are not needed; any WP developer will be able to help - in this case, please consider hiring someone via Fiverr Fiverr - Freelance Services Marketplace. Also, you can view this link: Where to find devs familiar with HivePress