Paid Listing redirects to cart page instead of checkout form

Exactly the same issue as described here:

and here:

@Jay3 did you ever find a solution as it’s not clear from the thread what happened to you.

I have tried the trouble shooting steps provided by @andrii from the support team but the issue still exists for me.

Screenshots and videos with steps to reproduce have been provided to support via email.

Hi

I am not sure what is happening to you. I describe two issues (probably related) in my posts number 1 and number 6 of the 11 posts in that link you mention. I did not find the root of the problem.

Since they could not help me and the issue seemed to happen only to non-logged in users that reached or wanted to reach the checkout, I made sure that on my website nobody could reach the checkout without logging in first. This works for me, but maybe it is not ideal for you, I don’t know

Good luck :slight_smile:

Yes mine is the same issue, thanks for replying.

Unfortunately my user flow needs logged out users to be able to see the pricing first and then go into the checkout flow from there.

I’ll wait to see if Support can help any further with this.

Hi,

We have disabled HPOS in WooCommerce High-Performance Order Storage - WooCommerce, and everything seems to be working correctly now, please check your site again.

1 Like

Okay thanks, testing now.

Still happening intermittently - this is after I purged my CDN and Litespeed cache. I’ve emailed you a video of the issue as it was happening just now.

Hi again, since I am here now…

If you mean that you are offering Packages and users need to see the pricing first and then click on the one they like, that is how we have it too. If they still can’t help you, consider this workaround:

The standard Hivepress Listing Packages block will always redirect users to the checkout, logged in or not. So we avoided using that block and designed our own, with our own buttons. How to make it work:

• Design your package block with whatever page builder you use
  • Add a button only visible to logged in users that redirects to the checkout of the respective package. To see that link, insert the Hivepress Listing Packages block somewhere, right click on “Buy package”, “inspect element”, and copy-paste that link. It should be something like https://www.your-site.com/select-package/321/
  • Add a button only visible to logged out users that will open the login modal popup

Like this, logged out users will be asked to login when they try to buy the package. And logged in users will be taken through the normal flow. So we avoided logged out people to reach the checkout.

How to make buttons visible or invisible can be done with user control plugins. We use “Content Control”.

Maybe that helps if nothing else does!

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time with your reply. I have so many workarounds on this site now that I’m loathe to add another one.

I’ll see if this can be fixed and if not I’ll explore your idea.

Thanks again!

Hi,

Please note that we use the checkout URL in the code, so I can’t redirect to the CART page in any way https://github.com/hivepress/hivepress-paid-listings/blob/master/includes/controllers/class-listing-package.php#L103. Most likely, this is a specific setting of your WooCommerce or third-party plugins, so I recommend that you review the WooCommerce documentation further or contact their support.

I have tested already with all plug ins deactivated and all caching off.

I’ve got three sites using your JobHive theme now.

Two of them are fine and don’t see this issue.

The 3rd one sees the issue intermittently.

I’ve checked the settings in Woocommerce and Stripe and they are identical across all three sites (apart from one of the two correctly behaving sites is also using PayPal).

When the third site does open correctly on /checkout the page looks completely different to the other two sites.

Are you able to tell me if this gives any indication to what might be going on?

Here are the two sites that behave correctly on /checkout page (the red lines are mine to highlight the areas of difference):

And here is the third site that is behaving incorrectly some of the time (by opening on the cart not the checkout). In this image it has opened correctly on /checkout but looks completely different to the other two above:

Thanks

I’ve received a reply from Woocommerce that I’m unable to work out what it means.

Does this mean anything to you:

“The first two websites utilize the default WooCommerce shortcodes, while this particular one uses the new cart & checkout blocks, which have been the default configuration since WooCommerce 8.3.

Since WooCommerce Blocks don’t utilize the/templates as shortcodes, I have a feeling that “Buy Now” is a custom solution you added, which explains why it’s not working with blocks.”

He goes on to offer a solution:

“ To address this, you have two options:

But again I don’t think I can do this steps myself.

Are you able to offer some advice?

Here’s the thread:

Thanks for the extra details, we added this to the bug tracker. I can test this further if you send a temporary WP access link via email support@hivepress.io and provide a temporary fix (or restore shortcodes).

@ihor I’ve reactivated your access link. Have reset via email.

Any update on this one? I’ve sent you the access link.

I’m sorry for the delay, if the link is still active I can check this within 24 hours. The support ticket is in the queue, but developer-specific tickets sometimes get delayed if they require more developer attention.

Access link has been refreshed and sent via email in the same chain with all the details.

Not heard anything from you here or via email. I’ve refreshed the access link again.

February now. Not had any updates.

Yes, it’s not fixed yet unfortunately, we have limited dev resources at the moment. We finally completed the core roadmap HivePress Roadmap (01/02/2024) – Asana and roadmaps for about a half of extensions, it will be fully finished this week and a roadmap for Paid Listings will be available.

So do you need to access my website any more? I thought you hadn’t identified the cause of this issue.