Payment for price extras is not charged if the base price is not specified

Hello,

I set the price as optional for the listings so hosts may be able to charge only the extras but it seems that when I make a booking, no total price is displayed neither the option to pay. It confirms the booking but the option of paying it does not apply. Is it that if we do not set a price no paying is available? We. can not charge only the extras?

On the other hand if I set a price together with extras, the bill calculated shows the total amount after the first extra added and then it shows the other two extras and then the Service Fee, then other extra and lastly the VAT and Total. So It does not seem to show the amounts in a logical criteria.

Could you please help me with it?

Thanks in advance,

Regards // laura

Hi,

The base price should be displayed if you want to be able to buy the listing. We recommend setting the base price to 0 if you only have a price extras value.

Hi,

I’ve tried to make a booking with a 0 price listing but it didn’t worked. If I set it to 1 it works.

But I only need to have a 0 price for catering listings. I can not set it for all rental listings. I can charge only for the extras. I can not charge the catering services by hour.

Would it be possible maybe to set the catering services as products? And charge by number of paxes? The problem I see is that for the other listings, I have disabled the multiply by pax option. And I think this apply to all kind of listings independently, or not? Can I multiply a catering listing by pax? If it does not appear as a booking category in the Booking Settings? Would it be possible? Or can you recommend me something else?

Please let me know,

Regards // Laura

Hi,

1. We checked this issue from our side, and it seems okay. Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

2. If you mean to hide the price field only for specific category listings, it is possible, but it will require a custom implementation.

Hi Andrii,

Many thanks for your reply. I finally changed the catering services to marketplace products instead of bookable service.
But after doing it, I tried to make some hourly and daily bookings for the other categories and the price display page is not showing the correct amount. The checkout page is correct. Please see the attachments.
On the other side, when inserting the price on the add details list, the numbers appear of different sizes, bigger or small. Can you please tell me which could be the reason?

And finally, would be possible to set a subscription plan from Stripe so guests can pay a recurring monthly rate for office rentals? Could this be integrated in the rental hive template?

Looking forward to hear from you,

Regards // Laura

Hi,

As for your font, it’s most likely a third-party plugin that changes the font, or you added a customization that changes the font.

Regarding subscriptions, please check this topic WooCommerce Subscriptions Integration

Hi Andrii,

I will check this.

You didn’t tell me anything about the wrong price calculation.

Can you please have a look at the images I attached in my previous email?

Please let me know,

Regards // Laura

Hi Andrii,

Sorry to insist but I would need to know as soon as possible how I can fix the price calculation on the intermediary page before the checkout. I can not continue building the page if this can not be fixed.

Looking forward to hear from you soon,

Regards // laura

Hi,

Please provide more details on what you mean by incorrect calculation. In the screenshot above, everything seems to be displayed correctly. Or do you mean that the price on the booking confirmation page is incorrect? If so, then please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users. If this issue exists, please provide more details regarding this issue (e.g., your actions step by step with screenshots, etc.). This will help us to reproduce and resolve the issue faster.

Hi Andrii,

Yes, you are correct it is what I meant to say. The booking price is not correctly calculated in the Add Details form. It should be the same amount as on the checkout form.

I disabled the plugins and everything but it does not fixed the issue.

Can you please help me with this?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards // Laura

Sorry for the confusion. The price on the left (in the listing card) on the Add Details page is the daily, nightly or per-slot price (depending on which booking mode the listing uses), the price inside the field of the form is the total price, but it doesn’t include taxes at this stage (and may not include some fees, e.g. Service Fee) - these are added on Checkout. Please let me know which amounts are missing from this price, I can check if it’s a bug.

Hi Ihor,

The price displayed on the Add details should be 160, the same amount as we have on Checkout form. But it displays 25.440, which is definitely an error.

And this error occurs in each booking I have to do independently if it is by hour or by day. I do not have nightly bookings.

Who is responsible for this price calculation display? Hivepress or Woocommerce? Is there something I can do from my side?

Please let me know,

Regards // Laura

Hi,

Please send temporary WP access to support@hivepress.io with details for reproducing this issue, and we’ll check it (please send only the link, without login and password). You can create a temporary access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.