Possible to link category?

I want to have a category for venues. Let’s say Tennis Courts. Then have a category for Events, let’s say Tennis Tournaments.

Is there a way to link both?

So when a tennis tournament is added, it must be an a listed venue (Tennis Court).

Then when viewing the Tennis Court listing, it can show all listed tournaments at that venue, and when showing the tournament listing, it pulls the venue details rather than having to enter these every time.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi,

The easiest option is to use subcategories for categories. Another workaround is to use attributes, please check this topic: Create two dependent Select attributes - #5 by andrii

​I hope this is helpful to you.

I don’t quite understand what you mean here.

I want users to be able to list their venue. Then when they list their event, link it to a venue and bring the venue details in from that venue.

Example:

User would add their tennis court “Yellowfin Tennis Court”. Here they add attributes like Address, Phone, Website, Facilities etc

Then the user lists their tennis tournament “Bluefish Mens Championship”,

While adding that listing, they need to select the “Tennis Court” and they would search and have to select from the added tennis courts, they then choose “Yellowfin Tennis Court”.

Then the Tennis Tournament listing, we can pull data from the Tennis Court without the user having to add it all over again.

Then at the end, we have linked listings, where the Tennis Court, “Yellowfin Tennis Court” shows a list of all linked events, and the event, “Bluefish Mens Championship” would link too, and display data from the “Yellowfin Tennis Court”.

How can I acheive this?

The Tennis Court list would grow dynamically as more are added.

Hi,

I see. Unfortunately, there is no feature that links listings together. As a workaround, we recommend using vendors as courts (you can rename them using Loco Translate), and there is a feature to synchronize attributes between them. That is, on the court page, you will have a list of listing tournaments. But, please note that there is one downside here: a user can add only one vendor profile (unless, of course, this one user is an administrator).