Refunds and Vendor commission not being calculated properly

When the option for Vendors to process refunds is activated and the vendor processes Full or Partial Refund, the result of vendor earnings is not correct.

1. User Fee is set to 5% and vendor commission is set to 10%
  2. Service price is Rs. 10 and Order is placed for Rs. 10.50. Vendor earnings are correctly calculated at Rs.9
  3. Full refund is made for Rs.10.50
  4. Vendor Commission is now displayed as 10% + Rs. .45 and Vendor Earnings are still displayed as Rs. 9. This is incorrect. Also, there is a figure of Rs. .45 which has appeared from somewhere.
  5. Vendor balance is displayed Rs. -0.90. This again is incorrect.
  6. The Custom fields of Hivepress which are populated in Woocommerce>Orders is hp_commission_fee : .45 and hp_commission_rate: .9.

The Actual Result should have been the original vendor commission i.e. Rs. -1.50 (Rs. 1.0 vendor commission and Rs. 0.50 Service Fee paid by Client)

In any way balance of Rs -0.90 is incorrect.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. If I understand you correctly, this bug is already on the RoadMap Marketplace Roadmap (01/03/2024) – Asana, and we plan to fix it this quarter.

Refunds have a major problem, especially the way it is calculating Vendor Balance. It will require an overhaul, apart from what is planned in the Roadmap.

Hi Andri,
Any workaround to process refunds until the Refunds bug is rectified?

Hi,

Refunds should be ok if there’s a full refund (refunded orders are 100% subtracted from the vendor balance), but indeed there’s a bug in the current version with partial refunds or possibly if security deposits are being used. We plan to fix this as soon as it’s possible, please let me know if you have any extra details that may help us to fix this.

Hi Ihor,
There is a problem with Full Refund as well. Though I am able to refund the entire amount to Client, however, the Vendor Payout Balance is incorrectly calculated. Try it out with Manual selected and you will realise the fault in Full Refund as well. Its a No Go to launch my site. I will be grateful if you could suggest some workaround for Full Refund or someway I can correct vendor balance at backend.

If it’s possible to reproduce the full refund issue, please send the details (e.g. step-by-step instructions) along with the temporary WP access link Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org to support@hivepress.io and we’ll try to debug this further.

Currently, we can’t reproduce this issue locally, there’s a clear SQL query that excludes refunded orders from the balance calculation, so orders with Refunded status (fully refunded) don’t affect the balance calculation at all, only Completed orders are calculated.

I can able to solve this problem.
When one order is refunded from the vendor account, then it will be removed only that purchase amount.

Don’t minus any balance from the running vendor balance. But not able to add a buyer account. You have to manually add the buyer.

Thanks.

@ithelptask,
I couldn’t understand what you wanted to convey. Can you elaborate please.

I have solve this issuse.
Check the loom video: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

@ithelptask
I think my issues were different.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.