Remove Keywords field in search bar

Hi, right now my search bar looks like this:

Is it possible to:

• Remove the Keywords field in the search bar?

• Place the Categories field to the left of the Location field.

1 Like

I also need to know

The best possible scenario would be to be able to configure the filter and, if possible, replace it with other desired fields (eg attributes).

Tks

Hi,

If you need to remove the Keywords field, please navigate to HivePree > Settings > Listings > Default Fields >, unselect Keywords, and click Save Changes.

To place the Categories field left, you can try this CSS snippet:

.hp-form--primary .hp-form__fields {
 flex-direction: row-reverse
}

But please note that it can require further customization.
If customizations are required for your site, please try customizing it using the collection of code snippets Search · user:hivepress · GitHub and other developer resources, or consider hiring someone for custom work https://fvrr.co/32e7LvY.

1 Like

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, please refer to this topic Sort listings by a custom date attribute.

1 Like

Ok thanks. One more question though: is it possible to add a placeholder within the ‘Categories’ search bar? It’s not immediately obvious that users can use the search bar.

This is a bug caused by a recent HivePress update, we’ll try to fix this as soon as possible. Now search is enabled for drop-downs with hierarchical options and it seems that this hides the placeholder.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.