"Renew Listings" is not working - redirect to home page

Hello there,

I have a problem with listing renewals.
As soon as a package expires the listings changes it status to hidden (expired) and seller can renew the listing without buying a new package.
(I am not talking about a free listing - a package has already been purchased)

What i expect what will happen (when the user don’t have any Packages or Listings left):
After clicking the “renew listing” button, the seller should be redirected to the checkout page or to the “choose your plan - page” where he can pick the package he want and renew the listing after paying for it.

What really is happening:
After clicking the “renew listing” button the listing instantly turns into an draft (in my case) and needs to be approved from the admin again and the user gets redirected to home page without paying.

Can someone help me with this problem by any chance?
or is there such an option?

Thank you !

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, the bug is confirmed and we’ll fix it as soon as possible.

I have the same problem, and I cannot publish my website before this is fixed. Or is there a chance to disable renewals and these renewal request emails? For some reason, I can customize (and disable) all the other emails. Of course, it would be good for the business, if you could actually pay the listing after renewal.

What is your estimate, when will this be fixed?

Sorry, there’s no ETA yet but there will be no renewals if you don’t set the listing expiration period. We can also check if there’s a temporary fix (code snippet) that we can share before the release, let me know.

Thanks for the quick reply. My business plan is fully based on renewals and specific expiration periods; the customer chooses validity period of 3/6/12 months, and after that the listing can be renewed. I have been building the website for a year now and I was planning to launch the site in May. If this problem could be fixed with a code snippet, I’d be glad to hear more.

…but I’m not an IT expert, so it depends how complicated coding skills this needs - and I don’t want it to cause any troubles in the future.

Thank you for waiting. Please send more details that may help to detect or reproduce this issue (e.g. screenshots, the package settings, steps to reproduce this issue).

I don´t want to be rude or something, but is the problem / bug not confirmed already?
So that you are already aware of that problem in general?
So Basically the problem is, that the renew listing function is not working.
When a listing is expired the customer can just click on “renew listing” and it gets renewed.

Problem 1: After klicking the Button you get instantly redirected to the front page / homepage without getting told that your listing gets renewed or anything.

Problem 2: The Listings that are renewed does not claim listing or refer to already purchased plans with remaining eligible listings. It just gets renewed.

What should happen: Notification to customer that the listing gets extended for another period of time (whatever you set for the packages) and if he doesnt have any package left, he has to buy a new one.

So in my case I have 4 Plans with different amounts of Listings and time periods.

If i remember right, there was a similar post already from February? Where the bug already got confirmed, now this post got confirmed from your colleague, too.

That bug must have been a problem for some more people I guess, maybe they just dont know about it or haven`t recognized it so far.

If you really need any more details or anything - we can have a look on my website and I will show you whats is going on there.

Thank you for your reply and help :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed feedback, yes this issue occurs but only if you use Paid Listings, the default renewal process should be ok. I’m sorry for the inconvenience, we’ll try to release an update for Paid Listings as soon as it’s possible.

Hi! I’m working with Wordpress.com and Pro plan. I have ListingHive theme + HivePress, HivePress Paid Listings and WooCommerce plugins. Adding listing, selecting the package/product and paying the listing works well, but the only problem occurs when the listing expires, and the customers receives an email reagarding expiration and a link to renew the listing. When customer clicks the link and “renew” button, the listing is renewed and the customers is redirected to the front page of my website without payment and that’s it. The renew button should redirect the customer to the package/product selection and to the payment page the same way as if he was going to make the purchase for the first time. Shouldn’t be too difficult to change the redirection link of the “renew” button (see attachment)?

I was supposed to launch this business by now, but apparently I need to postpone the launch for an indefinite period. I wouldn’t like to change the provider at this point. Otherwise, I’ve been very happy with HivePress up until this point.

Thanks for you help. Let me know if there is some other information I could provide.

Hi,

Sorry, there’s no simple code snippet for this, it would require a custom implementation. If customizations beyond the available features are required for your site, please consider hiring someone for custom work https://fvrr.co/32e7LvY

What is the whole point of this renewal monetization feature of HivePress if it’s not working? I’m only expecting the Paid Listings to work as promised.

Is there at least any chance to disable these renewal emails that are automatically sent to customers?

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, I misunderstood your message.

We understand that this bug exists, and will fix it and release an update as soon as possible.

Ok, thanks and sorry for unclear message. So there is no way to disable automatic renewal requests (emails) at this point?

If you mean the listing expiration email then yes, you can disable these by adding a custom email for the Listing Expired event in HivePress/Email, with an empty content.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.