Search forms redirect to another language

Hi,

I currently have a problem with the category selection in the request and listing form when the website is in French. The problem is that when you select a category in both forms, the language switch back to English instead of staying in French. I asked a developer to take a look but he can’t find the source of these forms to try to fix it. Is it possible to have some guidance please?

Also, I’ve decided to remove the search bar on the home page because when nothing is filled and you press search, it automatically applies a “1” in the keywords field and give no results on the listings search page. Could you please also help with that because I would like to put it back.

Thanks,
Philippe

Please let me know if you use some multi-language plugins, currently there’s no 100% integration with WPML and Polylang so these issues are probably caused by the plugin conflicts.

Hi Ihor,

I agree that the language problem is probably caused by the multi-language plugin that I’m using which is TranslatePress, but I was wondering if you could guide me as to know where I can find the forms codes so my developer can try to fix it.

Also related to the second problem, I don’t think it has anything to do with TranslatePress since it’s doing it in both languages. Do you have an idea of what can cause this?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Philippe

Please try following the suggestions regarding multi-language integration here (they are the same for TranslatePress) Integration with WPML - #6 by ihor

Make sure that there are no custom attributes that may conflict with the “keywords” field in Listings/Attributes, e.g. via the field name. Also, let me know if this issue can be reproduced on the theme demo site.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.