Tags keep auto-deleting

For my site, I need a total of 145 tags. I added about 6 of them then went back later and added the rest for a total of 145 tags. After saving my work I continued with my day. The next day I went into the system to search by tags to find that only my original 6 tags were there. The rest were gone. At first, I thought that I could have forgotten to hit save after adding them, so I added an additional 12 just to test to see if they auto-delete the next day. After adding the additional 12 tags and making sure I hit “save”, I refreshed the browser several times to make sure that the tags were still there, which they were. I let two days pass and on the second day I went back in to check and the 12 tags that I had added two days earlier were gone. How do we get these tags to stop deleting?

Sorry for the delay.

This is not a bug but a security option, tags without listings are auto-deleted to prevent overflowing the database with empty tags. I recommend adding tags directly to listings, we also plan to make this behavior optional.

Also, there’s a code snippet to disable this Stop automatically deleting tags - #4 by andrii

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.