Unpaid Booking Management

Hello,

I have 2 questions related to unpaid bookings.

1. At the moment, unpaid bookings appear on the vendors calendar but it’s kind of confusing for them. Is it possible not to show unpaid bookings in the vendors calendars?

2. I want to set an expiration period for the unpaid bookings. But if an unpaid booking gets expired, does it trigger a cancelation email to the guest and to the vendor? I don’t want to send any email when the unpaid booking expires.

I look forward to hear from you! :slight_smile:

Hi,

1. Unfortunately, there’s no such feature, it would require a custom implementation. If customizations are required for your site, please try customizing it using the collection of code snippets Search · user:hivepress · GitHub and other developer resources, or consider hiring someone for custom work Fiverr - Freelance Services Marketplace

2. Please check this topic: Email notification about unpaid booking - #6 by zackgoble4

​I hope this is helpful to you.

1. Ok

2. I already read that thread and there’s no solution for my problem in it. I don’t want to send an email notification to customers nor vendors when an unpaid booking is expired. Can you please advice how to do it?

Hi,

Since this email is targeted at customers who have forgotten to pay, or if the customer hasn’t read the email, the vendor can write to the customer and remind them of this.

Hi andrii,

If a booking is unpaid, it’s not a confirmed booking. So why send a cancelation email when the booking is not confirmed.

My vendors are getting a lot of unpaid bookings and it’s confusing for them. They even appear in their calendars. I need to set up an expiration period for the unpaid booking but I don’t want to spam my vendors with cancelation emails of non confirmed bookings.

I already deleted manually some unpaid bookings and they start to complain and to ask many questions.

It’s the same thing for customers, they replied after the cancelation email saying that they didn’t book so why we send them a cancelation email.

This is a major issue I have so can you please explain how to stop sending cancelation emails to vendors and customers when an unpaid booking is deleted or expired.

Thank you for your help!

Hi,

Please note that payment is required only if the booking request is accepted, i.e. if the host has clearly confirmed it on their end (or if you have recurring requests disabled, the user will still see booking confirmed and be redirected to the checkout page). That is, if the host has confirmed the reservation, then he expects payment from the customer, if there is no payment, the reservation is canceled and the customer immediately receives an email that the reservation is canceled. Please also note that the same system works, for example, on booking.com, if the card has not been charged, then in 24 hours, you will receive an email that the booking has been canceled.

This email can be disabled, but only with a PHP snippet.

Hi andrii,

Thank you for your answer and for providing examples.

From my side, I’m not talking about Booking Requests, I’m talking about Unpaid Bookings. I don’t have booking requests on my business.

When a user starts the check out process and stops at the payment step (last step), there’s an unpaid booking that is created. That’s the booking that I want to delete after one day for example. But if I delete it manually or if it expires, it triggers 2 emails: one for customers and one for vendors. For both, it doesn’t make sense to send them for my business.

I’m happy to know that these cancelation emails can be disabled with a PHP snippet. Can you let me know what code should I implement?

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi,

I see. Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, there is no simple PHP snippet, but we will add it as a fix in the next updates.

Thank you!

This is an issue that is becoming critical for my business. My vendors are complaining everyday about it.

Can you please put it as a priority? I believe this will be beneficial for everybody.

Can you also let me know when do you think it will be live? Just an estimated date will be fine.

Thank you very much!

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no exact timeframe, but we’ll consider fixing this feature as soon as possible.

Hi Andrii,

Any update on this?

It’s starting to become a big issue for my business.

Thank you!

Hi,

Unfortunately, this bug is still being processed, but as a temporary solution we can provide you with a PHP snippet, would this work for you?

Yes why not, let’s try. Can you send the code?

Please try this code snippet, it disables email notifications when unpaid bookings get canceled:

add_action(
	'hivepress/v1/models/booking/update_status',
	function( $id, $new_status, $old_status ) {
		if ( 'trash' === $new_status && 'draft' === $old_status ) {
			add_filter(
				'hivepress/v1/emails/booking_cancel_user',
				function( $email ) {
					$email['body'] = '';

return $email;
				}
			);

add_filter(
				function( $email ) {
					$email['body'] = '';

return $email;
				}
			);
		}
	},
);
1 Like

Hello Ihor,

Thank you for your help.

I just tried the code right now. I canceled an Unpaid Booking and the customer didn’t receive any message but the vendor received a cancelation email.

Can you please edit the code so the Vendor don’t receive any email either?

Thank you in advance!

No worries, I’m glad I could help. Please try this snippet instead:

add_action(
	'hivepress/v1/models/booking/update_status',
	function( $id, $new_status, $old_status ) {
		if ( 'trash' === $new_status && 'draft' === $old_status ) {
			add_filter(
				function( $email ) {
					$email['body'] = '';

return $email;
				}
			);

add_filter(
				'hivepress/v1/emails/booking_cancel_vendor',
				function( $email ) {
					$email['body'] = '';

return $email;
				}
			);
		}
	},
);
2 Likes

It’s working, thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

Can you let me know when this becomes part of the theme so I can delete the snippet?

All the best

Hi there,

When I deleted the Unpaid Bookings or if they expire, I noticed that the Unpaid Bookings becomes Canceled Bookings in the vendors dashboard. Is it possible to not display them over there as it might be confusing?

Thank you!

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but there is no simple PHP snippet for this feature, it would require a detailed custom implementation.

Hi there! This is exactly what we needed as well. Bouncing right before the final checkout is a critical and such a common thing to happen. Then that date period remains blocked, even though the booking is a draft. It also remains blocked when the cancelled by user checkbox is checked on the record.

1. How do I switch the status to cancelled if checking and saving the checkbox isn’t making it cancelled?
  2. What would be a snippet to set an hourly value for a booking expiration? In the settings it’s only asking for days (value 1 or higher). Can we modify it to accept decimals, e.g. “0.04” for an hour?