What is, or how can i get rid of "Put your custom title here" in listings?

Hello,

I have been testing the Hivepress listing functions and I noticed that in each listing, there is a section at the top of the listing that says “Put your custom title here”, as shown below:

I have no idea where in the listing form on the front end, or the attributes in the back end, this is. I have not see it so it doesn’t seem to be editable. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

I have tried in the Wordpress dashboard going to Hivepress → Settings → Listings → “Title” and adding something there, but it doesn’t change this. One of the available tokens is “%listing%” but adding that to the “title” section only ends up looking like this:

Note that the listings in the two screenshots are not the same listing, I created a new one after changing the “title” section as above.

Can someone tell me what this is for, where I can edit it, or how to get rid of it if it cannot be edited?

Hi,

Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users. Also, regarding the title, I recommend reviewing this doc: How to generate listing titles automatically - HivePress Help Center.

If the previous recommendations did not help, please check if you have correctly overwritten the Listing template: How to customize templates - HivePress Help Center

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Hello Andrii

I did some testing and discovered what was causing this. It was one of the PHP codes in the plugin, “Code Snippets” by Code Snippets Pro.

The code that was causing this is from this thread I saw previously: Can we show the label of description in listing details page and Make it first item to show on page - #2 by aqmiami7
suggested by user aqmiami7.

What I wanted to do was to display a small section of the listing description, for example, the first 140 characters, in the search results when people search for listings. At the moment the listing results only show the listing title, nothing else.

So I asked this question here: How to display a small excerpt of the listing description in the search results list of listings? - #2 by Fabricator

I think there was some misunderstanding on everyone’s part. I misunderstood what aqmiami7 said in the first link (S/he said “Here is the code snippet to put a header before the listing description:” which is not what I want, and not what the title implies, but what the code does) and then quoted that in my question in the second link, causing Fabricator to misunderstand my intentions despite my thread title.

I’ve already written in the link above that it didn’t work for me as intended (did not show a portion of the description since that is not what it’s for), but I have not received a response yet. I will go and write a reply to clarify things and hopefully receive a response.

Thank you.

1 Like